Sunday 19 September 2010

A friend for 10 years..

During the past 10 years, Dumfries and Galloway has been a 'must' for a holiday. We always stay at Castle Creavie, situated in the lovely coastal villiage of Kirkcudbright. This is a lovely base for a holiday in D+G http://castlecreavie.co.uk/. The pictures of myself with the dog below are really quite significant. I first met 'Flynn' when I was about 9 and I was scared to death of him, soft as anything though.. Now that I am 20 years old, I can't stop thinking that he will soon be leaving us as he is getting older every day.. These photos were taken for memories really. Also for the folk who attended several birding weekends here in the past, from the Southport RSPB group in which myself and my dad lead the fieldtrips each year.
Just another matter that I would like to clear up: The moth pictured below is rather beautiful, but the I.d of it is still not been solved.. I haven't had much time free so anyone have any ideas as to what it is? Comments more than welcome...

2 comments:

  1. Chris,

    The moth is Angle Shades.

    Cheers,

    Seumus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seumus,

    Thanks very much for a quick reply.

    Cheers Chris

    ReplyDelete