Tuesday 21 September 2010

!!! Bangor university - year 2 begins !!!

Since passing my re-sit exams at the end of august, it has taken long for the days to pass on by, in which I was soon to move back into my new room at Bangor for my 2nd year of university. Luckily, this year I am in the same building as last year but just 2 floors higher up.

Leaving the North-west and heading to North wales, a text off Steve revealed that there was a planned catch of Black -tailed godwits at Porthmadog cob in the afternoon and he had invited me along. Mr bridge soon had to put his foot down as I needed to do a quick shop for food for a few days, collect my key, fill in a few forms, move all my stuff up into my room and be at morrisons for a pick up around lunchtime.

Unfortunately after much rushing about, the end result of the Blackwit catch was zero. The net was set perfectly, the birds were around but they just didn't want to play ball for us. A failed catch to put it plainly. This has also happened with Wigeon this previous winter, but not to worry - they say 3rd time lucky?? Best was 2 Curlew sandpipers on the pools..

News then reached me from Alan davies of a probable Whiskered tern at Inner Marsh farm.. Can you guess what happened the day after?

No comments:

Post a Comment