Thursday 8 March 2012

More Woodcock!

Photographed by Alex Jones

The blog has been rather quite lately so I thought I would catch up on the ringing front. There isn't much to report on really apart from a single lamping session. Venturing out on 1st March proved another productive session with another 2 Woodcock caught. I have now successfully lamped 8 Woodcock, 1 Shelduck and 1 Jackdaw. Here's to the next 10 birds!!

Around 8 birds were seen during the night but most were rather flighty, so tricky to get close to..

More interestingly, a trip out to Glanwydden Lane last night on the full moon proved very educational. A grand total of 18 Woodcock and 1 Snipe were seen in my main field so I am really looking forward to getting out on the new moon period around 14th March. Who knows it could be a very busy night!

Hope this keeps you interested for now until I am next out ringing...

2 comments: