Wednesday 25 August 2010

Yeartick 234

The yearlist this year isn't at its best to put it briefly. Being away in Iceland has a lot to do with it but I wouldn't have missed that trip for the world! The realistic target for this year has been set at 280 and that is at a push, unless in the next 4 months something amazing happens and I see all my targets - we will just have to wait and see for the time being! Having had a month in Iceland, a week in Norfolk and an amazing 24 hour ringing session, it was time to hit the books and get some revision done. 3 Days hard work from dawn til dusk and it was time for a break so when news reached me of 3 Juvenile Wood sandpiers at Martin mere from Ron Barker hide, that was my break for the afternoon..
On arrival on 21st August, I picked up all 3 birds straight away out on the mud to the right hand side of the main channel. After an hour or so, one of the birds came a hell of a lot closer than it was before!

The Kingfisher then appeared on the large concrete block situated on the channel, sort of infront of the hide and faffed about on there for half and hour or so..

No comments:

Post a Comment