Friday 13 January 2012

Trapping Time!

Over the past week I have been so tied up in my 10,000 word Management Plan that ringing has taken a back seat for a while but over the last week I have managed to fit in 3 ringing sessions.


Sunday 8th January I headed along to Arthur's near Caernarfon with Rob Sandham and Mathew Bruce for some winter feeding station ringing. The morning consisted of Wren Blackbird, Dunnock, Chaffinch and good numbers of Blue, Great, Coal and Long-tailed tit.

Wednesday 11th January I visited to Matt's Garden in Bangor with the traps. A slow morning with 1 New Goldfinch in the Potter Trap, 2 Retrap Robin in the Chardonneret Trap and 1 New Blue Tit.

This morning I visited Rob's Garden in Conwy catching 2 New Dunnock, 1 New Robin and best of all was a Collard Dove! A new species with my C Permit!

Huge thanks to all for letting me ring in their garden this past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment