Saturday 1 January 2011

My 2010 birding year

Over the past few years, I have realised that birding has become one of life's essentials and without birds, my life wouldn't be the same as to what it is now. Yearlisting has also been a favourite challenge in recent years and in 2008 I had a go and set myself a target to see 240 species of birds in the UK. In 2009, the previous years total was broken, only by a few birds.. Never in a million years did I think that I could smash that record but after travelling hundreds of miles by any available transport, walking miles upon miles all across the UK, I am pleased to say that this year has been my best birding year ever! On December 31st 2010, I totalled up my yearlist, resulting in 271 species seen in 2010 without being able to drive. This list doesn't mean anything in real life, it's just a personal interest that I have.. However, now that 2011 has arrived, yearlisting and twitching has been binned and ringing has taken priority..

Recent additions to my 2010 yearlist included Red-Crested Pochard and Mandarin Duck and to see exactly what I saw last year, take a look at...
http://www.bubo.org/Listing/view-list.html?list_id=6694

White-tailed Eagle - {Digiscoped with Nikon Coolpix P5100 Digital Camera on the Isle of Mull

No comments:

Post a Comment